The Voice of Women by Lori Jean

The Voice of Women by Lori Jean
Click Image to View at iTunes

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

My Special Gift Spot (Cont'd)

I drifted through life being told to sit and look pretty. Initially what happened is, I learned to do nothing to support myself. Waiting tables--which I was horrible at for many years--dropping things, etc., answering phones--weak from not eating--tried modelling (got attacked), and eventually settled into a higher office position--but then got injured from abuse because of my strong intellect (called a bitch). I stop and raised a son, running from abuse and living in a tent for a while in CA using candles to stay warm. I struggled and learned I had power. But somehow came back to music, with so many head injuries from abuse--in addition to the impairments I already had from a child from abuse, relating to it as to when I was child. I had to remember the simplest of things that were supportive that were said to me. I had to remember the times that were special to me to connect with. Having listened to my dad and mom's music a lot I connected. I would press my ears against my dad's large cushioned speakers, use my Sony Walkman constantly whenever possible, and my first sentence was, "Momma, please play this record". I came back to music again at this time.

Watch for more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment